Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Now taking requests...

So normally the way I work is this: I keep a list of blog post ideas in a hopper so that I can work on them. Right now, though, none of those is catching my attention. So I'm going to open it up to you readers if you have anything in particular you want me to write about.

Here is what is in the works:

- My weekly "Reboot the Pentateuch" series; I've written everything up to mid February already on this so I'm way ahead

- At reader request, a Christian response to gun ownership and gun control. This is a sensitive and valuable topic, so it will take me a while on this one. I see this as a several month project rather than something to complete in the next few weeks.

- At reader request, an update of my Law series which will include Leviticus interpretation. I'm rolling this into my "Reboot the Pentateuch" series, and will address it when I reach Leviticus.


Other than that, the field is wide open for ideas. Want more politics? More on church leadership? Is there a specific question you have that you'd like me to write about?

See, Reboot Christianity has a great regular readership, but this blog has a crazy-high "reader-to-commenter" ratio; by which I mean, the analytics tell me tons of people read the blog but very few comment. So sometimes I lose a bit of perspective about what you might want.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Not a specific topic request, but when you are doing a topic, like the Didache, can you link within the post something like "this is the 3rd in a five part series on the Didache" and then provide links to all the other parts? And when a series is done, would it be possible to roll them all up into a single document or section of the site so they are more easily navigable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent idea, I will definitely start doing that. I also have an upcoming trip to Amsterdam, and I'll see if I can't get some of my past series updated as well.

      Delete
  2. Some of us college folk went to lunch Sunday and the topic of evangelism came up, which lead to service.

    We generally agreed that both are obviously needed (meeting people's spiritual needs as well as meeting their physical needs). We concluded that a balance is needed, but had trouble determining what that balance was. We obviously can't always just share the Gospel and nothing else; most people tend to become aggravated with such Christians. But we also can't just serve people's physical needs and hope that without words they will see the Gospel in all its glory.

    So, I guess my question would be where do you feel is the balance on serving but then also sharing the Gospel?

    The sense of urgency we should have as well as waiting on the Lord can be difficult for me.

    On a related note, I would also like to hear your thoughts on shotgun evangelism (going out in mass and stopping strangers and talking to them about Jesus, then generally leaving with no follow up), and especially when ministries send out those who may not even be sure of their own salvation to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, both good topics. I will add those to the list and start working on them. :)

      And yes I have some very specific thoughts on shotgun evangelism (I call it 'drive-by' evangelism). And none of those thoughts are all that positive about the practice. :) You're right, the two relate to each other very well, so I'll probably do a Part I/Part II post on it.

      Delete