Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all. I hope that the Advent season has been a blessed one, preparing you to celebrate that glorious day where we celebrate Jesus becoming flesh.

Now that I am a parent, I often think about Jesus as a child. We know that He was truly human. At what point did He realize it? We always picture Him as a somber child, ultra-serious, never playing or laughing or having fun. Why? Where does Scripture indicate such?

As I watch my boys grow up, I often think about the Lord as a child. Did He get hyper when He was playing? Was He a momma's boy, or a daddy's boy? Was He ticklish? Did He get cranky if He missed His nap? Did He love sweets and presents? What was His toddler personality like? Was He (like my oldest) serious and smart and individualistic and sensitive? Or was He (like my youngest) gregarious and happy and playful and cuddly? Was He chubby or skinny as a toddler? Did He have a lisp as a child?

How amazing is our faith, that our God and King would become flesh and live among us. That this Holy Child would grow to be a sinless man, and would love humanity so much that He would give His own life to save us from the judgment we so richly deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment